CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Another tuition for her...



Coan has started her 2nd tuition class 2 weeks ago. She has stopped going to Ms Laly's house since Ms Laly decided to take care of Coan in her class (KG1). Coan is supposed to be in KG2 buat she is put in KG1 which is 1 grade lower.


I'm not happy about this but I'm telling myself, if Coan can read soon enough, I'll transfer her back to KG2. The teacher in KG2 is not patient enough. She can't stand to see 1 of her students not being able to read. Instead of coaching, she suggested to down grade the student. So far, I could see a bit of improvement in Coan's performance. She could recognize letter now (she didn't really before).


Partly, it was our mistake too, I guess. She played a lot in her previous kindergarten. Also, her teacher just let her played around instead of sitting in the class and learned. At home, she didn't do her homework and I wasn't firm enough to make sure she did her homework. Oh well, too much regrets. Why should I? Pass is pass. We should move on, looking at the future.


So, I decided to send her to a new teacher. Her name is Shehnaaz, an Indian lady. She is not a school teacher but she teaches playschool in the morning. She teaches the kids to read and communicate. I guess that is what exactly Coan needs.


I hope and really pray Coan can improve this time. Shehnaaz just has 1 student in the evening - Coan. It'll be easier for her to coach Coan. We'll see her progress in a month time. Till then, Ummi is signing off...


0 feedback: